This an AHA course in Pediatric Advanced Life Support-PALS (Renewal).
- credential card valid for 2 years
- class fee is $200
- BLS class fee $50
- pocket reference cards are optional at $10
- pre-test* completion of (80%) is required of ALL students
- for health care providers who either direct or participate in the resuscitation of pediatric patients in or out of hospital and have CURRENT PALS cards
- goal of PALS Provider Course is to improve the recognition, treatment, and outcomes of seriously ill and injured children.
Please note the following:
1. BLS is taught from 5:00 to 6:00 PM. The PALS portion follows the BLS, therefore, if you are not taking the BLS you do not need to arrive until 6:00 PM.
2. This class is for physicians, physician assistant, dentist & advanced practice nurses
3. Non-OSUMC employees: Please bring payment to class if you have not already paid online or your employer has not made prior arrangements.
4. You must pass and bring your completed pre-test* (regardless of your experience) and valid BLS card to class. Failure to bring these two items will result in your being rescheduled for a later date.
* INSTRUCTIONS FOR PRE-TEST:
- Go to AHA website www.heart.org/eccstudent
- Enter passcode pals15.
- Print off a copy of your completed certificate and bring to class or you will be rescheduled for another class.
- To reiterate...it is our policy that you will not be allowed to take the course unless your pre-test is completed.
NOTE: AHA DOES NOT SAVE YOUR PRETEST SO MAKE SURE YOU PRINT OFF A COPY UPON COMPLETION.
The class is held in the Education Center of OSU Medical Center, 1st Floor of main hospital, 744 W. 9th St., Tulsa, OK 74127.
QUESTIONS: email@example.com or call 918.599.5999.